If your like me, your constantly looking for a new recipe that taste good and also has some good nutritional value. And of course prep time is a huge factor. Well I found this simple recipe and added my own little twist to it and it has been a hit around my house.
Using fresh ingredients and only taking around 20 minutes, you can have an awesome TACO!
4 ears of fresh Corn on the Cob
2 bags if organic pinto beans
8 oz sliced baby Bella Mushrooms
1 small chopped onion
Pre-Made Guacamole – (Made fresh at local grocery store)
Pre-Made Salsa – (Made fresh at local grocery store)
Tortillas – (I use Carb-Smart for the extra fiber)
1) Cut the corn off the cob
2) Chop up the Zucchini
3) Chop the Onion
3) Rinse the beans
4) Sauté the onions in a skillet,
5) I add Chipotle and Garlic seasoning to all the veggies and add a little cumin to my Pinto Beans. Use whatever seasons you like.
6) Add all ingredients s to the skillet to warm them. It’s best to keep the Zucchini from getting too soft.
7) Heat up your tortillas accordingly.
8) Once everything is heated take it out of the skillet
9) Spread the Guacamole on your Tortilla, add the Veggies and top with salsa and cilantro.
Now what’s in it?
Mushrooms- Vitamins B-3 & B-5.
Zucchini- High in Fiber, Zero Fat, Vitamins B6, Folate, C, & K. Also contains minerals Potassium and Manganese.
Pinto Beans – Protein, Zinc, Iron, Magnesium and Fiber.
Avocado (From Guacamole) – Monounsaturated Fatty Acids, Potassium and several vitamins.
Hope you enjoy as much as we have!